Turkey's Baby & Children Sector Reaches USD 2,05 Billion!
Turkish baby and maternity products sector including clothing, toys, personal care, feeding and furniture reached USD 2,05 billion in 2017 and has been expected to grow with an annual rate of 5% within the next 5 years. The increasing disposable income, economic growth and the new generation of parents continue to drive the growth of the children, baby and children products industry in Turkey.
Why Turkey For The Sector?
• 1,25 million newborns annually
• More than 19 million children under the age of 14
• Largest youth population compared to European countries (30% of the total population is youth, under the age of 17.)
• USD 800 annual spending per baby for ages 0-24 months
• The number of baby kid store chains over 100 sqm has grown from 200 to 500 in 3 years